Issue: November 2007 Issue
University Hospitals Health System Institutional Relations and Development
11100 Euclid Ave. MCC) - 5062
Cleveland, Ohio 44106-5000
Phone: (206) 983-2200
Fax: (216) 983-2201
KEY CONTACTS: Patrick J. Ertle, Esq., Director of Principal and Planned Gifts
MISSION STATEMENT: To Heal. To Teach. To Discover.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR SUPPORT: Through its $1.2 billion, five-year strategic plan, Vision 2010, University Hospitals (UH) has planned new construction, renovations and expansion of services throughout Northeast Ohio. The plan includes:
• The new 360,000-square-foot Cancer Hospital, which will bring all facets of cancer care and the Ireland Cancer Center under one roof and will be the only free-standing cancer hospital in Northeast Ohio;
• A renovated, 38-bed neonatal intensive care unit at Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital named in honor of Quentin and Elisabeth Alexander;
• Renovation and expansion of the emergency departments at UH Case Medical Center and Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital, which will accommodate the more than 80,000 anticipated visits by area residents in the new Center for Emergency Medicine and the Marcy R. Horvitz Pediatric Emergency Center;
• The Ahuja Medical Center, a new 600-bed facility at Interstate-271 and Harvard Road; and
• Ambulatory medical centers in Twinsburg and Aurora.
University Hospitals depends on support from the community for continued growth and success, and the Institutional Relations and Development team helps to connect and engage people in the mission of UH.
"As fundraising professionals, we engage grateful patients and others in the community to get involved in the life-changing work that goes on every day at University Hospitals," says Pat Ertle, director of principal and planned gifts. "We find that people want to support something when they feel they are a part of it, and we provide many opportunities for our benefactors to get involved."
UH accepts gifts in many ways, including planned gifts, company matching gift programs, trusts, stocks, real estate, tribute and memorial gifts.
This record has been viewed 885